Greene’s is the oldest established dry cleaning company in the Napa Valley, founded by the late George Greene in 1919. It was purchased by Glenn and Helen Paulsen in 1957 and shortly thereafter moved to a location on Jefferson Street. This building today houses our alterations department and serves as pick-up store, complete with drive-thru service. The Paulsens retired in 1979 and sold the business to Peter and Terry Smith. On April 1, 2009 the Smiths’ sold Greene’s to their son-in-law and daughter, Alonso and Laurie Corona. The Coronas are committed to continuing to provide superior service and meticulous care of your fine clothing.
By mid 1997 volume had increased to the point that the Jefferson Street location was no longer adequate and Greene’s established a new state of the art dry cleaning facility on Kaiser Rd. This increase was due in large part to the addition of full time route service between St. Helena and American Canyon. In 2013, Alonso & Laurie purchased a building on the corner of Silverado Trail & Lincoln Avenue in Napa and turned it into a state-of-the-art production facility, moving out of the facility on Kaiser Road.
Today Greene’s is the largest volume dry cleaning and laundry company in Napa County and one of the largest in Northern California.